
The Feast Of Lights 1937
This picture is from the Mercer Italian American Heritage
Festival site. The Feast of Lights began in the early
1900s then had a pause for a time then went from the mid
1970s to the early 2000s. God Bless The Old Burg:)
A Blog about the Chambersburg area of Trenton NJ. The Burg we all loved and miss. If you were from the Burg I hope many of the pictures and lists and comments under them from good folks bring back some nice memories. Villa Park, Franklin Park, South Trenton, and nearby Hamilton also mentioned. Use the search box atop the blog to find schools,churches,streets,stores,bars etc that you remember. Over 4000 posts and 3000 pics. Enjoy:)
2 comments:
HI MAC....I HAD THE GREAT OPPOPRTUNITY TO WITNESS THE FEAST WHILE VISITING CASADRINO IN ITALY DURING 1980. OUR RELATIVES THERE, THE DeCARLO FAMILY, WERE VERY ACTIVE IN CHURCH AND WE SAW THE MADONNA'S PROCESSION AND THE OX DRIVEN CART. REGARDS.
Hi Ralph:)
I would think they still celebrate it there so even though the feast is gone in the Burg at least someplace in the world it goes on.
God Bless Italy:)
Post a Comment