Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Post From Saxman/Duffys Column



SAX WROTE:

Mack....this is a column that ran regularly in the
Trentonian...."Duffy" covered the Trenton music scene.
This is a group I was playing with then - at the Cove
in Trenton..we where regulars there...Kurt & the Hot
Spots. Kurt Balog, drums (leader); Mike Cannon
keyboard; Bob Cairo (Anastasio) from my teenage years
with Bob Cairo & the Galaxies; and me..Saxman.
Pic is blurry could not edit it more...........sax

UPDATE: Thank You Sax, I remember the Duffy Column.
This is great stuff:) I was able to enlarge the
picture so when folks click it they can read all the
words and see the picture a bit better:)

UPDATE
Saxman adds...
Mack: thanks so much for this post!
I have kept this article for over 40+ years and
occasionally take a look at it and remember the
feeling of wanting to "make it big" in our
profession. Well we didn't get to the top, but went
on from Cove to a whole lot of great gigs up and
down the Jersey shore and the Trenton area till
the late 60's when we split and I hooked up with
Surprize. I was living my dream! Yeah, it's only
Rock'n'Roll but I love it!!

Mack said...
Thanks for sending me the post:)
I love music items especially
local ones. And I havent heard the
Duffy column mentioned in like
30 years. Fantastic:)

3 comments:

Reldel said...

The "Duffy" column in the Trentonian was written by Trentonian employee Vic Bodine.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sax, did you know another local sax fanatic named Fred (Art) Voorhees? He was more into the swing and pre-rock scene but was quite a player. Perhaps older than us .. well at least me since he is in his 70's. He has me by about 10 years.

Skip

Gary D. said...

Didn't that article used to end with "see you under the table?" You certainly would catch some flak if you tried saying that in print in 2011.