Thursday, June 30, 2011

Once Zips Steak House, Chambers Street, The Burg.



Once Zips Steak House, Chambers Street, The Burg.
I loved their California Cheeseburgers, Cheesesteaks,
Cheesesteak Hoagies, Fries, Onion Rings, Fish & Chips,
and Pizza. Good folks in the place, open late fridays
and saturdays, delivered to the house when needed.
Close enough to Trenton High to eat lunch here in my
school days long ago. One of the places I miss most
of all.

UPDATE

Jersey Grrrl adds...
My great uncle and Godfather, Guy ("Zip") Zeppadoro,
was the original Zip. If you ever played or watched
men's softball, well, you knew my Godfather -a
legendary team owner. My cousin, Angelo
("Little Zip") took over when Uncle Zip "retired,"
although I don't think he ever truly retired. But
he did spend a fair amount of time at the old
Soldiers and Sailors club, as I recall.
Uncle Zip was a truly memorable character ... in a
section of the city that was full of characters! He
was married to my paternal grandfather's
"baby sister" Ada. They lived in the 200 block of
Washington Street. Uncle Zip passed away a few
years ago. Miss him still - one of a kind, just
irreplaceable.

Thank You so much for this great comment JG:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Before Zips it was the Chicken Coop owned by Joey cattani