Thursday, March 10, 2011

Trentonian Paper Boy Bus Trip 1950



Trentonian Paper Boy Bus Trip 1950

(Thank you for this Dan Granaldi)

A bus trip for Trentonian Paper Boys in 1950. The organizer
of this was Mr Dan Granaldi Sr who worked for the paper.
I was also a Trentonian Paper Boy in the 1970s and went on
a trip sponsered by the paper to Great Adventure in
Jackson NJ.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had so many "applications" in for a route I get dizzy thinking of all of those calls. Bobby D. had the Times and Trentonian and we would even deliver for him while he was on vacation hoping for a shot at that double route. Late in HS he asked if I wanted to "buy" his rights to it? Oh, the wealth and power of the simple paper route back then. He was a lucky guy.

skip

Anonymous said...

Mack, that is a great shot of an old Trenton Transit Bus. How about those bars on the widows? I guess they kept arms and legs of the rowdy kids where they belonged.

Adults always sat in front and the rear seat was kind of the territory of the rebel without a cause.

But you got up for a lady or the elderly for sure.

skip

SJBill said...

Had to keep those arms from being snapped off.

If this trip began near the old Times building (was it on Stockton St?) that buiding with a brick turret in the background may be part of the old NJNG Armory.

Mack said...

Hi Skip & SJ

Must have been more kids per customer in your day, when I wanted a paper route I got it instantly. I had 2 seperate routes both Trentonian. I quit the first one but thanked them for it after like a year..and when I wanted a new one they gave me it asap:)

dan said...

This picture was taken at the Trentonian on Armory Dr. The building in the background is the Armory.

dan said...

This picture was taken at the Trentonian on Armory Dr. The building in the background is the Armory.

dan said...

This picture was taken at the Trentonian on Armory Dr. The building in the background is the Armory.

Anonymous said...

I guess this was before the Trenton Freeway? I was 7 when this was taken.

skip