Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Baldassari Regency, Morris Avenue, The Burg



The Baldassari Regency, Morris Avenue, The Burg
Another legendary Chambersburg location. If you lived in
the area theres a good chance you attended an event or
2 or 3 at this place. God Bless The Old Burg:)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think they called Eddie the Mayor of the Burg.

I went to a few Lions and many other events at the Regency.

skip

Tom Glover said...

WHEN I WAS ACTIVE AT ST.ANTHONY'S MY BUDDY MSG. JOE FERRANTE ALWAYS HOSTED A "THANK YOU" DINNER PARTY AT "BALDY'S." GREAT FOOD, GREAT HOSTS, AND A REAL NICE DINNER. I MISS THOSE YEARS....I MISS FATHER JOE; HE WAS A TRUE AND WARM PEOPLES' PRIEST.

TOM GLOVER

SJBill said...

The old Aurora Singing Club building. with two bowling alleys in the basement.

Anonymous said...

USED THE HALL ON TWO OCCASSIONS, MY COUSIN'S WEDDING AND AFTER MY BROTHER CHUCK'S FUNERAL. EDDIE SURE KNEW HOW TO PLEASE THE PEOPLE OF THE BURG; HIS BROTHER JOHN ALSO DID WELL, AS CHEF AT ROMAN HALL IN THE LETTER YEARS AFTER HE WAS IN CHARGE AT THE ITALIAN AMERICAN SPORTSMAN CLUB. REGARDS.

Mack said...

This place always looked like a Castle to me compared to the other buildings in the neighborhood:)

Anonymous said...

I remeber my mother who came to the Burg in 1904 from Austria telling about the wonderful dances held at the Aurora Club. In the fall they actually hung real grapes from the ceiling at the harvest dance! She also mentioned that the masses at Immaculate were in German and there were German nuns in the school. The newest immigrants settled in the Burg.
Lakeside Girl

Mack said...

The German American club which was
Haddon Hall Furniture in my Burg day also a cool ole building.
(South Clinton Avenue).