Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Summer Burg Thought From Long Ago



A Summer Burg Thought From Long Ago

I am on my back porch on a summer morning in the 1970s
in the Burg.I have just got back from my Morris Avenue
Paper Route. I am admiring Mom's Tomatos and Roses.
I am sipping a coffee from Liberty Deli and reading the
paper (Baseball Scores First)..our orange cat rubs against
my legs..I see Dad... & Mom..."good morning Mike"..Mom
lets out Cocker Spaniel out in the yard.. the cat is not
pleased.. On A summer morning long ago:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There was a hammock at my Grandmothers house. Summer found me rocking myself to sleep listening to the locusts. I'm hearing them now and found a few in the yard.

Then, I would flip over a long garden bench and a plank made fine wings. In moments I could be soaring above the fields of France in search of "Jerries" to kill.

A half hour later would find me in my uncles old row boat. Plying the waters off Alaska for tuna. I don't think they even had tuna in Alaska. They did then and swear to God I loaded that boat with tons of them.

Walter Mitty ... er .. Skipper