Thursday, November 10, 2011

Chambersburg Little League Parade 1971, Kent Street, The Burg



Chambersburg Little League Parade 1971, Kent Street, The Burg
Its very nice that the field at Columbus Park is kept in such
fine conditon to this day. I tip my hat to the City of Trenton
Parks Department or whoever is doing this. I was never part
of CLL but of course played baseball and football religiously
and wanted to be JoeD or Reggie or The Mick. My fields of
dreams were Wetzel & Franklin.. I can hear it now..pitch to
Mack...this ball is hit deep...going way way way way back..
this ball is outta here !! :)

4 comments:

Ralph Lucarella said...

HI MAC...WHEN I WAS A KID WE HAD NOTHING COMPARED TO THE FACILITES AND INSTRUCTORS THE KIDS TODAY HAVE. DURING MY TIME IT WAS A DEPRESSION PERIOD, I'M NOT COMPLAINING BUT GLAD FOR THE KIDS THAT WANT TO DO WELL IN SPORTS. A GOOD EXAMPLE IS COLUMBUS PARK AND THE BIG ADVANTAGE TO PLAY ON A MANICURED FIELD WITH PROPER EQUIPMENT AND INSTRUCYORS. BEST REGARDS.

JoeZ said...

Mack: We played at the Penn Fruit grocery store lot in the back near Brunswick Circle and the Food Fair lot by my house after it closed.

Mack said...

Hi Ralph & Joe:)
Catherine Ford Field at Columbus Park is fenced off and kept nice, I so agree thats a great thing for the kids. Wetzel Field isnt fenced off but its always in nice condition. The Junior Four baseball field is still there and in good condtion too:)
I remember going to Penn Fruit and Dales store when we would go see my Aunt in Ewing back in the day:))

Anonymous said...

Penn Fruit management needs a compliment here. They kept that remaining patch of Dunn Field mowed very well. I think someone knew we needed a field of dreams since what is now Korvettes was once soccer and playing fields. Extension Field went to a shopping center probably when I was seven or eight leaving the entire north of Trenton with no ball park. Being the Ewing Little League we kids were not allowed to play on a team however.

I guess they knew if we were kept playing ball we would not be in trouble.

Skip

PS .. I had that Scrapple and home fries today Joe. Yuuuuuuummmmm.